Happy Spring everyone! It’s finally here and well, it feels like we never had a Winter, doesn’t it? Above average temperatures most of the season, in fact. And just as we were enjoying some of the blooms from the Bradford pears and early Azaleas, we got that late freeze last week and a lot of it went away. That should be good for staving off the pollen, right? WRONG, according to the experts.
Asthma and allergy practitioners are seeing higher than normal health concerns related to pollen this year. Weather experts are saying this could be a record breaking pollen year. So, if you are an allergy sufferer, what should you do? Here are some tips to help you out.
1. If you have asthma, be sure to see a doctor. Asthma can become serious very quickly especially with unhealthy air quality.
2. If you have been prescribed medication for asthma, be sure to take it.
3. Watch the news for extremely high unhealthy air quality alerts. These will help guide you as to when it may be best to remain indoors or to limit your exposure to the elements.
4. If you have allergies, start taking a teaspoon of our honey each day. This is a preventative and works wonders to help build your immunity for allergies. You can try it by itself, use it in your tea or on cereal. Honey is easy to use each day because it can simply be drizzled on top of many foods – breads, grilled or baked foods, desserts and more!
5. Consider bee pollen as a supplement. It can be used in many forms and helps because it’s an antioxidant in purest form.
Where can you find our honey and honey supplements? It’s easy to buy our products. We will be at several Farmers Markets throughout the Metro Atlanta area. We also sell in a number of stores and restaurants. Finally, you can have our products shipped directly to you when you purchase from our online store!
Bee Healthy, Eat your Honey!
Get out there, and Enjoy the Spring!